It’s a common belief that an academic career path is more stable… but without a salary cushion the clinical career path affords, you really have to have a financial game plan in place. So in this episode, we crunch the numbers to portray what lifestyle and retirement looks like in both scenarios.
- What academic emergency medicine entails.
- The two main models that exist.
- How the compensation compares.
- Monetary and non-monetary elements at play.
- The benefits and drawbacks of both positions.
- Baseline stats for the academic and clinical career paths.
planning, financial planning, ER doctor, doctors, finances, careers, clinical vs. academic, salary, career paths