EM is already a high-stress career. COVID has only amplified that. It is so easy to ignore problems and unhealthy stress as it is happening. This procrastination or ignorance can have a profound impact on your career longevity and overall life purpose and happiness. That goes for both financial wellness and general well-being… and as Julia showcases, both are intertwined.
We hope this episode can serve as a reminder to take a second to really evaluate how you are feeling right now and take steps to ensure you aren’t proceeding down a path of hazard, both financially and in all other facets of well-being.
- How Julia got interested in physicians and their needs.
- The different circumstances that physicians tend to face and how she is able to help them.
- What moral injury is and how it’s a common theme with physicians.
- What you can add to your “tool box” when it comes to staying on track with what is important to you.
- The importance of planning and strategy both short and long term.
- Dealing with the disconnection that comes with odd hours and flexibility.
ER Doctor, Financial Advisor, moral injury, wellness, career longevity, Dr. Julia Huber