In EM job offers, the “hourly rate” is the benchmark for comparisons. When stripped down, like in the case of 1099 income, the hourly rate is a very clean and valuable metric. It’s when the rate is tampered with, like in the case of W-2 positions adding in benefits and contingencies to arrive at a more appealing visual hourly rate number, that things get… tricky.In this episode, we’ll look at a specific job offer that a few clients have sent us and provide general guidance on things to look out for when considering taking your next job opportunity.
- A review of typical job offer cases we have worked with clients on.
- How we help analyze the job offers that come in.
- The positives and negatives that come with sign-on bonuses.
- The tax and financial implications of ownership percentages.
- How to better understand hourly rates and find out what makes sense for you.
- What you need to know about employer-related coverage.
- What to look out for when looking for your next job opportunity.
ER doctors, emergency medicine, emergency room, job offers, job search, hourly rates, benefits